Monday, August 12, 2013

Femi Adebayo Denies Collecting N8m From UK Lover To Produce Movie, claims “I’m Not A Gigolo”

Nollywood Yoruba actor Femi Adebayo who was
recently involved in a fraud allegation that started
from an unverified source has come open to deny
any involvement.
The story making round revealed that the actor
collected 8 million naira from a woman he was
dating in the United Kingdom to produce his movie.
The actor through his publicity Gbolahan Adetayo
has denied the story.


Read their own version of the story below;

On Sunday, 3rd August 2013, a call was placed to
Femi Adebayo by an unknown journalist who
claimed to be a blogger. The blackmailer
interrogated him on a purported allegation that he
reportedly collected the sum of 8 million naira from
a woman called Lara who is based outside the
country. This has come as a shock to our client. The
8 million naira is said to be money for a movie
production for her which Femi Adebayo was never
involved in at any point till this moment.

The
blogger also alleged the unknown Lara is
romantically linked to Femi – these claims Femi has
said there is nothing of such nature.
Subsequently, another journalist who claimed to be
an entertainment reporter also called Femi Adebayo
on Thursday, 8th August 2013, at about 8pm in
respect of the unpalatable allegation which he
admitted was a fallacy. Not only that, the journalist
threatened him over the story.
Sequel to this, the lawyer-turned-actor aka Jelili has
debunked the allegations through his publicist, Mr.
Gbolahan Adetayo that he has never done any
business with anyone outside the country in relation
to the mentioned claims:
" I have never collected any kobo from any woman
outside the country to shoot a movie for her.


I have been shooting big-budget movies in the past
which I sponsored from my personal purse or by my
markerters. Just of recent, I shot 4 blockbuster
movies and music videos – they are Sonto Alapata,
Buga, Ila and Fuji Tabi Theatre together with other
actors and music stars".
He further disclosed that:" I have released 3 out of
the 4 and the fourth one "Ila" will hit the shelves
soonest. When I was called by a blogger-cum-
journalist to ask me about the story, I told him there
is nothing like that. If there is any evidence to prove
it, let the person bluntly come out to show the
world. I saw no evidence of truth in his purported
claims. I have been in the industry now for a while,
dishing out my things excellently. So I don't know
where the bad belles are cooking up their false
news from".


Femi Adebayo is an award-winning popular Yoruba
actor who is highly sought-after in the industry. He
has endeared himself to many with his skillful
interpretation of roles. He is an actor who has
continued to train upcoming actors at his Ibadan-
based J-15 Drama School.
This is the first time the actor will experience a
major fraud allegation.

No comments: