Tuesday, March 26, 2013

''My Divorce Is Not The End Of Life'' -Actress, Kate Henshaw

Latest Gist: Actress Kate Henshaws Interview with NigeriaFilms Excerpted for You

Nollywood Actress, Kate Henshaw who has being in the industry for a long time and still waxing strong in a recent interview speaks on issues in the movie industry, her personal life, among other issues.
Excerpts

What inspired your new dreadlocks hairstyle?

It’s not dreadlocks, I keep explaining to people. These are natural twists. On my last birthday, I decided to make a lot of changes in my life. I decided to reclaim my hair because I really had lovely hair growing up, and the first time relaxer ever touched my hair was when I was in the university.

After years of using too much chemical on it, I decided to just make a complete turnaround. Now, my hair is healthy, it’s long, it’s lovely. And I would never let relaxer touch it again. I don’t fix artificial nails again. I’m back to natural nails. I just put on some long-lasting polish. I fixed my nails for over 10 years but I’m tired of it now. I want to be healthy in my old age.

Your divorce came as a shock to a lot of people. Why did you take that decision?


Shock? Have you not heard that Seal and Heidi (Klum) have divorced? Haven’t you seen people who have been married for 20 to 25 years and divorced? I’m not perfect; no one is. We all have our low moments. It doesn’t mean I’m a failure.
Everybody goes through bad patches in life. Life must go on, whether we like it or not. It’s always better to part under good circumstances than for someone to be in jail, or die, or to be hurling insults at each other. There is no need for that.

It seems you don’t regret your divorce, because you always have this cheerful look?

It’s God. Looking back at my life, where I came from, I never even thought I would be an actress. I never even thought I would have an opportunity to meet people, to be a role mode. So, it’s not for me to feel self-pity.
I’m grateful to God every single day. I choose to be happy. I am a happy person. Someone encouraged me with these words yesterday: ‘Every problem you have will resolve and dissolve’.
So, my divorce is not the end of life and my God has given me cheer and joy. That explains why I am always happy and cheerful. No regrets.

Will you remarry?

I am not sure about remarrying but I will love again. I’m a lover, not a fighter. I’m only going to be very choosy. I don’t know about marriage, but, maybe, love.

You’ve kept your daughter away from the limelight. Is this deliberate?

Yes. You want them to kidnap my daughter? When they see her picture, then they will know who she is. I remember somebody sent a card to me through her school and I was so surprised.
They just dropped it on her desk and I was wondering how the person knew my daughter attends that school. Should she decide to step into the limelight later on, that would be her call, not mine. I’ve managed to keep her away and I’m sure I’ve done a good job. Now she is not even in the country and it’s better she schools there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I separated Last year September, I will agree I wasn't true to myself and her. But i did all I could let her have a good life I did put all my energy into our little family as we have 2 beautiful kids.because I worked As a waiter she didn't really like that for a career, she thought i didn't want to do well in my life. last year as the harsh finance situation hit as we've been suffering with our finance for a while she decided to end our marriage. which i was very devastated!! to lose the love of my life, but a month after separation i went to France for 10days to clear my head. when i got back she wanted me back but she didn't want romantic side of it a month after xmas she told me again that she cant do it anymore as our finance was at lowest. then we made a decision to end it to sort our lives out...but my prayer everyday for her to realize that i am not a loser all i wanted is to do what i could to put food on the table and roof over their head. since the second separation i am qualified football coach and fitness instructor and doing more toward my career but I don't want to get into a relationship with another woman when my wife and I suffered all of this years when my career takes of shes not there to enjoy it with me..I really want her back in my life so i contacted this spell caster Abija olalude who now help me to bring her back, we now have a happy family together with my wife. If you want his help you reach him via email at spirituallighthealing101@live.com you are well come!