Monday, March 4, 2013

Gemulah Gets An Exclusive With The Brain Behind Cyprus Photography

Prince Akachi(PRODON) aka Cyprus
Akachi prince, is a 19 years old man, recognized as a Street photographer. Prince captures the essence of life, street art, human struggle and joy.Born in Nigeria, Prince Schools in Covenant University from the College of Arts and Architecture.growing up for him was intresting and aspiring, as he longed to be influential to his society and why did he go into photography, he tells Gemulah Entertainment's Parkinson Damilola(@Intl_Parkinson)


Location of Interview : WEB(via e-mail)


G.E 9JA: Tell us a little bit about you?
Prince: hmmm my name is Akachi Prince, Am from Imo state, still in the university. I`m Studying Building Terchnology.

G.E 9JA: Where is home?
Prince:Lagos, Nigeria, and I live with my parents, I am the first of two kids, I just have my sister, my mum and dad.


G.E 9JA: Did you go to school to study photography?
Prince:I`m not studying Photography in school, I love art and photography. I gradually learned and adapted to it.


G.E 9JA: How long have you been a photographer?
Prince:For about 2 years

G.E 9JA: How would you describe your style?
Prince: I'd say my style is kind of boho or 80's. I wear a lot of  vintage pants/shorts, collared shirts, cardigans, etc. G.E 9JA: Do you have a few images you can share with us?
Prince: Sure







G.E 9JA: What type of cameras do you shoot with?
Prince: I use a long variety of Nikon Cameras, I still recommend Nikon D3100 

G.E 9JA: If you had to choose one lens which one would it be and why? 
Prince: My lenses and a monopod, hmm that would be the 18-270mm VC Lens, because I love landscape shot and street photography


G.E 9JA: What is your favourite computer/editing accessory, other than your computer?
Prince: My Smart Flash 200





G.E 9JA: Are you a Mac or PC lover?
Prince: I am a PC lover...

G.E 9JA: Do you plan on buying any new equipment and if so what do you have your eyes on?
Prince: No, Not Yet


G.E 9JA: How do you feel about cropping an image?
Prince: Its Necessary Most times, to take of irrelevant Views 


G.E 9JA: I chose a photographer for this interview because their work
inspires me and gets my creative juices flowing, hence the interview.
What gives you ideas and inspires you to create such amazing imagery?
Prince: The look I see in an innocent child when taking a shot.. the view I see in busy street living its life that a wide inspiration if you ask me





G.E 9JA: What has been your most memorable assignment and why?
Prince: The Bourgeoise Clothing Session, this Brought the whole concept about Cyprus Photography.

G.E 9JA: What is your favourite image you have shot recently? Can you describe
its creation in regards to location, lighting, composition etc… and
what the image means to you?
Prince: My Favourite Shot Done recently would be my favourite.


G.E 9JA: What kind of gear do you use?
Prince: I have been using Nikon D3100 
Camera body -
Nikon D3100  – this is my primary body and I use it 95% of the time unless I need something lighter, compact, with an inbuilt flash and/or need a backup body. It has everything I need in a D series although I do sometimes look at some of the newer Nikon bodies with auto dust reduction and faster burst mode and wish my 5D had features in those areas.
Lens -
People and Events Lenses
(28 D-SLR Camera Lenses)
From ultra-fast portrait lenses to versatile and compact telephotos.

G.E 9JA: How do you educate yourself to take better pictures?
Prince: I read Photo mags and other related books


G.E 9JA: Whose work has influenced you most?
Prince: Brad Ogbonna

G.E 9JA: What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
Prince: Shutter Management


G.E 9JA: What specific training was required to obtain this job?
Prince: Didn't do much of a formal training but I did a lot of personal training though, I had a lot of online scripts and manuals to put me through


G.E 9JA: Can you tell me some vocabulary or terminology specific to your job?
Prince: Lens, Flash, Filters,monopod


G.E 9JA: What type of reading do you do on a daily basis?
Prince: hmmm.. I read a lot of ‘’Digital Camera World’’ Magazine



G.E 9JA: How long have you loved photography? Have you loved it all your life?
Prince: All my life


G.E 9JA: How much does someone with your job title usually make?
Prince: Its Personal


G.E 9JA: What kind of photography do you do? Do you enjoy it? Why or why not?
Prince: Street art, Landscape, Portrait


G.E 9JA: What are the pros and cons of being a photographer? Please be specific.
Prince: PROS
Easier and quicker post-processing
Cheaper hardware
 Easier to learn
CONS
Weaker narrative
Audience reaction

G.E 9JA: Do you think that society would be different if photography was
never invented?
Prince: Yes, the society would then not have a story to tell to the world, because photos speak a lot.

G.E 9JA: Do you think that a person must possess talent to capture emotion
and expression in a picture?
Prince: Yes, its not all about holding  a camera.

G.E 9JA: Does the price of a camera matter in ways that it affects the
quality of the picture?
Prince: It depends on the kind of shoot, but a good camera will enhance the trick

G.E 9JA: Was photography just considered as a hobby to you in the past?
Prince: Yes, that was before I even thought to develop this talent.

G.E 9JA: What makes a good photographer in your opinion?
Prince: Someone who captures the moment, who makes you want give a long stare to each shot

G.E 9JA: What do you enjoy most photographing?
Prince: The Exposure, the comfort

G.E 9JA: Do you believe that film photography will in the end be totally
replaced by digital photography?
Prince: I Don't think so.

G.E 9JA:  Do you prefer using film cameras over digital?
Prince: No, I prefer Digital cameras.

G.E 9JA: What motivates you to do what you do?
Prince: My Friends.

G.E 9JA: The first photographer that comes to your mind and why?
Prince: Brad Ogbonna, His Sceptical photography, I enjoy his works.


G.E 9JA: How important is an awesome website for your business?
Prince: Yes, its important, Its an open network for billions of people to know about what you do, and how you do it.

G.E 9JA: Thanks, a lot for your time, and we hope to see many more creative shots from Cyprus Photography.
Prince: You bet ya, you would.















No comments: