Thursday, August 22, 2013
Top 10 most corrupt world leaders.
Defined as former political leaders who have beenaccused of embezzling the most funds from theircountries over the past two decades. All sums are estimates of alleged embezzlement. Here is the list
of the top 10:
1. Mohammed Suharto, President of Indonesia between 1967-1998. His estimated allegedly embezzled State funds stood at 15 to 35 billion dollars
2. second on the log is Ferdinand Marcos who ruled the Philippines from 1972 to 1997. he allegedly embezzled 5 to 10 billion dollars
3. Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire betweet 1965 to 1997 was said to have embezzled over 5 billion dollars
4. Sani Abacha of Nigeria who held the most populous Black nation hostage under a military junta between 1993-1998 was said to have gulped State's funds running from 2 to 5 billion dollars
5. Slobodan Milosevic of Serbia/Yugoslavia, between 1989-2000 embezzled over 1 billion dollars
6. Jean-Claude Duvalier of Haiti, between 1971-1986 embezzled between 300-800 million dollars
7. Alberto Fujimori of Peru gulped over 600 million dollars
8. Pavlo Lazarenko, prime minister of Ukraine , between 1996-1997 stole between 114 to 200 million dollars
9. Arnoldo Alem of Nicaragua, between 1997-2000 embezzled over 100 million dollars
10. Joseph Estrada of the Philippines between 1998-2001 gulped between 80-100 million dollars.
Source: Transparency International Global
Corruption Report 2004. Web: