Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Champions League Highlights 13/03/2013

Arsenal is just short against Bayern weak

Arsenal failed to stunt against a disappointing Bayern Munich. The Gunners won though, but got a hit deficit to continue (0-2).

After the 1-3 victory in London seemed Bayern ahead already assured of a place in the last eight of the Champions League. The team of coach Jupp Heynckes had in their own Allianz Arena, however, an off-day and was lucky that Arsenal only half benefited. Long remained intact Bayern fairly simple, but in the final phase, the just get exciting. Weak Bayern The Frenchman left the Bayern supporters are quite startled. After only three minutes Giroud tapped the ball behind Manuel Neuer, after a good cross from Theo Walcott. Bayern, which in the Bundesliga unapproachable to head state, was not a shadow of the team in recent weeks, one after the other opponent to the chariot tied. Der Rekord Meister played in a too slow pace and came in the first half barely opportunities. Arsenal dropped the ball to the Germans and tried over the counter danger to found. Also it did in the first half but sparsely. During the second half, Bayern something better out of the dressing room, but it was typical that the greatest danger came from long shots. Thomas Müller and Arjen Robben were close to the equalizer, but both missed the target by a hair. As time went penetrate, Arsenal decided the diffidence of himself throwing and emphatically to look for goals. Substitute Gervinho had fifteen minutes before the 0-2 on his shoe, but saw his effort go just wide. Exciting final stage , the game seemed like a candle going out, but five minutes before the power suddenly came right back. Laurent Koscielny Arsenal headed out of nowhere to 0-2 and gave the team new confidence. In the remaining minutes gasped the Bayern audience to the final whistle, that after three extra minutes finally came. Despite a weak performance puts Bayern qualified for the quarter-finals, while Arsenal despite a brave performance goodbye to the highest stage for European clubs.

courtesy :

Malaga leaves behind Porto with hangover

FC Porto is disabled in the eighth finals of the Champions League. The Portuguese forgot in the first game out of it and received the bill.

Opponent Malaga was in the first leg against Porto chance, but remained a humiliation saved. The Spaniards lost 0-1, so that the European dream remained alive. Malaga knew in return begins to alter that something to get noticed. Isco breaks open battle After a dull first thirty minutes the game release. Javier Saviola shot the ball, but his goal was disallowed. Malaga striker Julio Baptista would have committed an offense in Helton, making the score remained 0-0. Shortly before the break finally came the opening goal for the formation of coach Manuel Pellegrini. The 20-year-old midfielder Isco his shot into the top left corner and thus promised an exciting second half. Second yellow Defourb Steven Defour It ruined the dream of Porto to the quarterfinals of the Champions League by repentance. The midfielder picked up after four minutes of play in the second half of his second yellow card and had to leave the field. Malaga smelled blood, but had to wait for the decision. That came when substitute Roque Santa Cruz entered the field in exchange for Baptista. The Paraguayan was cold in the field and had only his head against a corner of Isco on. He left Helton chance and allowed Malaga, which just before had been killed in a good life chances of James Rodriguez, placement for the quarterfinals.

Post a Comment